Crispy Stag’s Breath Chicken
These chicken thighs are so easy to make and have a wonderful tasty spicy, fried chicken crunch.
A simple flour seasoning give this chicken so much flavour and the addition of Stag’s Breath adds a real depth of flavour that we’ve not seen in fried chicken before – the alcohol ensures a really crisp coating too. Yummy!
Serve as you wish… but we love it is a Chicken Burger best!
- 500g Chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp siracha sauce (we like this Scottish hot sauce - Buffalo Sriracha!)
- 2 tbsp Stag’s Breath Honey Whisky Liqueur
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1 -2 cups vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- In a large bowl, mix Stag’s Breath, paprika, chilli powder, chilli flakes, mustard powder, garlic powder and siracha.
- Combine well then add the chicken thighs, allowing the marinade to coat the chicken evenly. If you can, let this sit overnight for the best results.
- Start adding the battered chicken to hot oil, carefully, and in small batches so not to crowd the pan.
- Fry the chicken until they cook, about 6-8 mins, depending on the size of chicken pieces.
- Take out the cooked chicken and place them onto kitchen paper.
- Serve exactly as you wish but try a brioche bun, mayo, and crunch iceberg lettuce
- Also works well with chicken breast fillets, drumsticks, wings - but we'd love to know what your favourite will be!