Pear Pudding with Stag’s Breath Whisky Toffee Sauce
A quick and easy dessert to finish a Sunday lunch using store-cupboard staples like tinned pears, with a rich, boozy, toffee sauce.
What you need: a rectangular 20cm x 30cm ovenproof dish
- 2 tins pear halves in syrup or juice, drained
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 100g salted butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 250ml whole milk
- 3 large eggs
Whisky Toffee Sauce
- 225g light soft brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 4 tbsp Stag’s Breath Honey Whisky Liqueur
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / 160º fan / gas mark 4. Grease your dish and arrange the pear halves in the bottom.
- Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and combine. In a jug, beat together the melted butter, milk and eggs. Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into the prepared ovenproof dish.
- To make the sauce, in a small pan gently heat the sugar, double cream and Stag’s Breath Honey Whisky Liqueur with 120ml water, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the liquid carefully over the batter then bake in the oven for around 60 minutes, or until the top is set and golden.
- Serve simply with some pouring cream