Stag’s Breath Dark Chocolate Mousse
Decadent dark chocolate spiked with our liqueur makes this an easy to make, and easy to eat dessert ready in less than 15 minutes. You could easily half this recipe to make less but it does store well covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Prepare: 15 minutes.
You need: Individual serving glasses, or a large trifle bowl
Chill: 3 hours
- 170g Dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 284ml Double Cream (or 1 300ml pot)
- 5 Eggs separated
- 1 tsp instant espresso coffee
- 2 tbsp Stag’s Breath Honey Whisky Liqueur
- 1 tbsp Boiling water
Lightly whipped cream, grated chocolate, freeze dried or fresh raspberries
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie
- Separate the eggs and whisk the yolks into the slightly cooled melted chocolate, then add coffee and Stag’s Breath, mix well.
- Whip cream until peaks hold.
- Whisk the 5 egg whites until stiff and the peaks hold.
- Fold the cream with a large metal spoon into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the whipped egg whites.
- Keep folding in figures of 8 until there are no white specks, then pour into your serving dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours to allow the chocolate to set.
- Decorate with lightly whipped cream (or try whipping equal measures of double cream and Greek yoghurt for a delicious tang) grated chocolate and a scattering of freeze-dried raspberries.