Stag's Breath Scottish Tablet
- 500 g granulated sugar
- 60g glucose syrup
- 60 g butter
- 200 mls evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Stag’s Breath
- In a large, strong pan, combine sugar, milk, water and stir.
- Leave on a moderate heat until the sugar is melted.
- When the sugar has melted, increase the heat then add the butter and glucose.
- Boil until a sugar thermometer reaches 114oC (soft ball stage) and remove from the heat - allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Then, add the Stag’s Breath Liquor and beat hard with a wooden spoon until the mixture begins to turn creamy and thickens.
- Pour immediately into greased tin, cut into squares when cooled.
- Serve with a coffee after dinner to impress your guests.